Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Pilot Cavalier Fountain Pen

I have never written a pen review, but this pen is absolutely the bombdiggityfoshizzy so I felt I had to write one.  First of all, the pen has a flair for the elegant.  At first, I was a little unsure as to the gold accents on the silver body, but it’s the right touch of class for a very sophisticated looking pen.  You’ll feel like a million bucks when you cradle the pen in your fingers.

The pen writes like a dream.  Granted, I have limited experience writing with fountain pens, the smoothness rivals that of non-fountain pens like the A.G. Spalding BRA157 Rollerball, Pilot Hi-Tec-C Cavalier gel ink and the Pilot G-2 Pro, to name a few.  I would also say that it doesn’t “hang” as much as an A.G. Spalding blue-barreled fountain pen I have.  In other words, the nib flows right along the paper with little, if any, skipping.

My only (tiny) gripe is the fact that it’s a little light for my taste.  I like a pen to have some weight when I hold it and I don’t do enough extensive writing so I’m not overly concerned about hand fatigue.  Coming in at 0.5 oz, the Cavalier Fountain Pen is slightly lighter (~0.3 oz lighter) than the Hi-Tec-C Cavalier gel ink and the Ohto Fine Ceramic Roller Ball pens (which are both among my favorites).  Of course, this is a fountain and the other two aren’t, it’s like comparing apples to oranges, but I want to get around to trying the A.G. Spalding BRFT220 Fountain pens that clock in at 1.20 oz.

Pilot Cavalier Fountain Pens available at Jetpens.com

Jetpens, get more of the silver, they're HOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment