Thursday, June 11, 2009

Review: The Zebra Sarasa

Review by Melissa:





Zebra Sarasa pens are great gel pens.  I prefer the 0.7 mm tip because it gives a smoother, more consistent line than the thinner tips.  I'm not really fond of the scratchiness of the 0.4 mm pens I own.  My current favorite color of this collection is Mahogany.  I really like brown inks, and the reddish tint adds to the uniqueness of the color.  I think it's cool that 10 pack includes colors not commonly found or seen as pen (ink) colors, such as cobalt, frost, and mahogany.  The only flaw - these 0.7 pens don't dry fast enough - at least on Clairefontaine paper - so beware of smearing!  Luckily, I didn't observe this problem with other paper, such as my Mead Cambridge notebook. 
-MLB

2 comments:

  1. I buy the .5mm ones at Kinokuniya and I find that they're a nice balance between smoothness and percision. You should test-try one to see how you like it.
    Great review and I love these pens :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which Kinokuniya did you go to? We didn't see the 0.5 mm at the one in NY, but we may have overlooked it. Next time we go we'll keep a sharp eye out. Thanks for checking out the blog!

    ReplyDelete